6/27/2013

A Heart-Warming Birthday Gift From My Best Friend

      It's been 3 weeks since my birthday and my friend Jason showed up twice at my workplace looking for me, determined to present me with his gift.  Just before I clocked in for work, he handed me a large bag with lots of chocolates, Adventure Time gear, and a birthday card from his parents.

Pocky!  Long time, no encounter!

      8 hours of good and hard work later, it was time to go home for the night.  While I waited for Dad to pick me up, I rummaged through the goodies in the bag.  At the bottom I found a small, but thick, photo album.  It was a simple gift, but I found it to be the most sentimental one out of all of the things in the bag.

Great quote!

      The photo album contained notes and commentary from Jason complimenting the pictures of me, him, and others in different occasions.  His commentary were heart-felt.  Jason's creative gift is worth noting because most of us forget that it's not about the material things we receive, but the memories they capture.

I remember that day.. *Reminisce*
      As human beings, we put sentimental value in objects because it reminds us of a special someone or occasion.  A gift like this photo album, filled with precious memories of ours, warms my heart because it wasn't a usual present.  He gave me a remembrance of how he and I felt during the moments captured in the photos he chose to include in the album.  That really is what I call crafty.

      Jason, if you're reading this, thank you very much for your present.  It is such a joy going through the album page by page.  I couldn't stop smiling and chuckling while going through the memory lane you put together.  Let's capture more pictures together as we go through life being the best a friend can ask for.
 As written on the cover of the photo album:
"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart of which there is no duplicate.  The world is all gates, all opportunities." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  I am glad that our paths intertwine in our respective private charts.  I hope it stays that way for a very long time.

Great End!  *Reminisce some more*

No comments:

Post a Comment