6/17/2013

Growing a Garden


They look like little trees from this angle!

      My cousin Jem and I started on a garden in our backyard where we planted our 36 tomato plants that we grew from seeds.


      The plants started out looking like the pictures below!  (Each little container had 3 or 4 seeds, and later, we had to cut all except the strongest looking one in each pellet).

They are thirsty little creatures.

      With each day, the plants grew taller.  It was time to make some space in the backyard so that they could grow taller still.

   

      My dad, Jem, and I started digging a plot of land next to the garage. After a couple or so hours of hard work, we were finally able to remove the grass, large stones, and weeds.  The soil was loosened and mixed with fertilizer before Jem and I planted the tomatoes in the ground.


      We put up fences so that rabbits won't try and each the plants.  After 6 to 7 hours of digging and planting, we were satisfied with how the garden turned out.  This is Jem and my first time creating a garden with our bare hands out of scratch, so Jem makes sure that the plants are watered everyday and I see to it that they are growing vertically alright.  With love and hard work, I hope our garden prospers.      









No comments:

Post a Comment